Tuesday 30 August 2011

Top Note Die Star

I love the Top Note die, it's so versatile. It can be used for 3-D projects like the little train I made a while back, as well as cards.

I am going to show you how to make this lovely 'star' shape. OK, it's not really a Star but it's close! I'm trying to tidy up my blog, so if you've been following me for a while you may have already seen this tutorial before.




 

So here is how you make it.

1. Cut your cardstock using the Top Note die.




2. Rotate the card half a turn. You need to line the points of the cut card up with the pointed parts of the die - the purple card is just there to show you the die cut outline of the die.

  

3. The end result! You will end up with the lovely pointed square plus two large brackets that would be great for a scrapbook layout or to be used on another card.


I hope you liked that quick tutorial. One of my new catalogue resolutions is to start posting mini tutorials, so keep an eye out for more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment